TEMPOROMANDIBULAR DISORDER (TMD)
Your temporomandibular joints (TMJ), connect your lower jawbone to your skull. Pain in and around these joints can be unpleasant and may restrict movement, this pain is called temporomandibular disorder or TMD.
Some of the Symptoms of TMD:
- Pain in the jaw area
- Pain, ringing or stuffiness in the ears
- Frequent headaches or neck aches
- Clicking of popping sound when the jaw moves
- Muscle spasms in the jaw area
- A change in the alignment of top and bottom teeth
- Locked jaw or limited opening of the mouth
If you notice that you are experiencing any of these symptoms, let your Dr. know at your next appointment or visit us so we can determine if you have TMD and create a customized treatment plan to relive your symptoms.